LICENSE RENEWAL — PLEASE READ
Please Note: Doctors need to login into the Members section and click "My Profile" to initiate License Renewal.
- Licenses MUST be renewed EVERY YEAR.
- Renewal date is March 1st. EVERY YEAR.
- If you are not renewing online, you must send CORRECT amount of money.(($100.00 for license and $ 100.00 for T.P.A. certificate, for a total of $200 if you are T.P.A.).
- If your C.E. credits are not on O.E. Tracker, you must send PROOF of attendance of C.E. courses (a flyer about the course is NOT PROOF. NOR is a copy of the agenda). PROOF means a LEGIBLE, SIGNED document that contains DATE OF COURSE, SPONSORING ORGANIZATION, DESCRIPTION OF COURSE, and NUMBER OF HOURS.
- A letter from ANOTHER STATE BOARD stating how many C.E. hours you completed will not be acceptable.
- You must complete C.E. hours during the CALENDAR YEAR preceding the year you renew.
- For T.P.A. renewal C.E. hours MUST come from APPROVED SOURCES ONLY.
- APPROVED SOURCES are: A.O.A., American Academy of Optometry, Schools and Colleges of Optometry, Regional Councils [ eg. SeCO, SWCO, etc.], State Associations affiliated with A.O.A. NOTHING ELSE WIL COUNT !
- The Board has NO OBLIGATION TO REMIND YOU .However, the Board will send ONE reminder in October to give you time to get C.E. hours if you do not have them by then.
- You are REQUIRED BY LAW to furnish to the Board your CURRENT address. If you do not receive the reminder because the Board DOES NOT HAVE your valid address, remember, it is YOUR OBLIGATION TO GET IT RIGHT.
- Are you certified in Advanced Procedures? ALL Advanced Procedure certified ODs MUST complete the outcome report whether they are doing surgical procedures or not. If not performing procedures, then all values will be ZERO.
CONTINUING EDUCATIONPractice Management and Jurisprudence courses are not acceptable as C.E. credit for license renewal.
C.E. received by audio tape, video tape, group discussion/study group, is not acceptable for license renewal.
Optometrist cannot earn C.E. credits for courses that he/she teaches.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ! ! !
The eight hours of C.E. relating to ocular and systemic pharmacology and/or current diagnosis and treatment of ocular disease shall be obtained from the following sources only:
- any state optometric association affiliated with the American Optometric Association;
- Great Western Council of Optometry, Mountain West Council of Optometrists, The New England Council of Optometrists, North Central States Optometric Council, North East Regional Council of Optometry, Optometric Council of the National Capital Region, Southern Council of Optometrists, and Southwest Council of Optometry;
- the American Optometric Association;
- the American Academy of Optometry;
- school and colleges of Optometry accredited by the American Optometric Association Council on Optometric Education.
When an entity that is not an accepted source of T.P.A. continuing education offers continuing education courses in conjunction with an entity that is an accepted source of T.P.A. continuing education if the certificate of attendance and completion is issued by the non-accepted entity the hours will not be accepted for T.P.A. renewal.If the certificate of attendance and completion is issued by the accepted entity the hours will be acceptable for T.P.A. renewal.
EXAMPLE: If a study group and accepted college of Optometry offer continuing education courses in conjunction with each other if the certificate of attendance and completion is issued by the study group the hours will not be acceptable for T.P.A. renewal.If the certificate is issued by the Optometry college the hours will be acceptable for T.P.A. renewal
To continue the online License Renewal process click here.